USDA site and making sensor stands

Today was quite productive, I found some materials and tools in the workshop and having measured the growth chambers I built the first of 4 frames on which to mount the sensors that I shall be comparing. I have cut all the pieces of PVC piping to make all 4 frames but there were not enough joint fittings to get them all assembled. I've also now got my hands on all the datalogger boxes which are taking up a lot of space in the office so I'm not sure what my office mates think of that, but I've assured them that it is temporary. I'm going to try to wire them all exactly the same so that I can use the same program to collect all the data from each replication of the experiment. Unfortunately I have a midterm test on Friday morning so all of this exciting stuff will have to go on hold while I study for that.

Here is an image of where I work. If you look closely there are some tiny yellow numbers, 1 is where my office is, 2 is where Nik's office is and also the lab, 3 is my greenhouse, 4 is the workshop and 5 is the growth chamber building.

No comments: