Plants are coming

Finally I have received confirmation that 2 orders for rhodies have gone through so I expect to have the first batch next week and I'll be able to begin inoculating. Hurrah! This first experiment will be a little different from those I have been working on for the field as I will be using dip inoculation which will result in multiple infection sites over the whole plant and I will be working in the quarantine chamber for this too so I am getting smaller plants to fit more in. The result will hopefully be extremely sick plants within 10 days so that I can then detach some leaves and measure the lesion area on them. The plant is to get this little dip experiment underway and mostly done this month and then begin the first farm experiment some time in July. I'm not sure how this will work out but since classes finish this week I will have more time to work on it.

No comments: